Due to popular demand, we will be bringing back the turkey burger that we introduced last year to the lunch and halfway house menu. We cook them to order, and they are of the stuffed variety. Here's how they are prepared:
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 tbsp low fat mayo
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- dash fresh ground pepper
- salt to taste
- Divide turkey meat into 4 separate portions. Make two equal sized patties out of each of those portions (8 total)
- Sprinkle half of the patties with a generous amount of red pepper and cheeses and then top each with another pattie. Seal the edges of them with your fingers.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill, broil or pan fry for 4-5 minutes on each side until firm and cooked-through.
- Combine mayo and lemon juice in a small Pyrex bowl and top the burger.
- Serve on toasted sesame whole wheat roll.
- Garnish with basil and beefsteak tomato slices.
There friends, is your under 300 calorie back-nine belly-filler. Now go make a putt!
Roland Livingston, Executive Chef, Islandwood C.C.